Curved Cross-Laminated Timber Structure
Model to Download
This model was used to demonstrate the modeling of downstand beams for cross-laminated timber structures with ribs.
Model Used in
This time, we want to look at modeling downstand beams by means of ribs.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Can the properties, such as B. the cross -section or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface of an existing element for a new element?
- In RF-/TIMBER AWC and RF-/TIMBER CSA, I receive the error that says torsion limit exceeded. How do I bypass this error message?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- Is it possible to display more values for the stress distribution over the layers in RF‑LAMINATE?
- How can I design dowel-laminated timber (DLT) or nail-laminated timber (NLT) in RFEM?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?