Single Span Beam
Model to Download
This model was used to show the different effects of load cases when creating combinations automatically.
Model Used in
- Automatic Generation of Load Combinations in RFEM
- Automatic Generation of Load Combinations in RSTAB
For the automatic load case combination in RFEM and RSTAB, you have to enter the possible interaction of load cases. In addition to the simultaneous or alternative occurrence of all load cases of an action, an option for different combination conditions is possible.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- Although I have selected "simultaneously" for several load cases within one action category, there are also load combinations generated that do not act simultaneously.
- What does the meaning of the action acting "Differently" when I define the action categories?
- I design timber components. The deformations of load combinations deviate from the manual calculation exactly by the factor of the material partial safety factor. Why?
- I have created automatic load combinations according to EN 1990 + 1995 (CEN). Although Ψ2,1 = 0, there are the factors greater than zero applied for wind and snow. Is this a program error?
- I use automatic combinations, but some load cases are not used in the generated combinations. How can I change it?
- I have used the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module to generate the governing result combinations of seismic loads. What is the next procedure to perform the design of the individual structural components?
- Why is it not possible to select the individually or simultaneously acting load cases in the "Combination Expressions" tab?
- There are no load case numbers (LC1, LC2, LC3, ...) but action categories (D, W, S, Imp) displayed for load combinations. Where can I set this?
- How can I generate load combinations automatically in an existing file retroactively?
- Why do some external pressure coefficients have a value of 0 when generating wind loads?
Revitalization and Extension of Supporting Structure of Stage Roof in State Playhouse Dresden, Germany