Model with Tapered Members
Model to Download
In RFEM, if you want to insert a tapered member with intermediate nodes into an existing model, the question often arises of how to quickly determine the individual cross-section depths of the tapered members. The ‘Connect Lines or Members’ command comes in handy for this purpose.
This model was used to show this function.
Model Used in
In RFEM, if you want to insert a tapered member with intermediate nodes into an existing model, the question often arises how to quickly determine the individual cross-section depths of the tapered members. The ‘Connect Lines or Members’ command comes in handy for this purpose.
Calculation and Design of Two-Story Building: Analysis of Two Options (Steel-Concrete Composite Structure and Modular Construction)
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- I would like to convert the load from a surface load to a line load, that is, to apply it to the individual beams. How can I do this without using an auxiliary area?
- Is it possible to transfer properties, such as the cross-section, or the surface thickness as well as the material of a surface, of an existing element to a new element?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- How can I create a curved or arched section?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- A rigid member should only be able to absorb tensile forces or only compressive forces. What are the options for considering these nonlinearities in the calculation?
- In a 3D model consisting of three identical floors, I applied a unit load of 1 kN/m² to the top slab to determine the spring stiffness of the supports for 2D modeling of the slabs from normal forces and deformations of the columns. Despite the deactivation of the self-weight of the structure, there is a redistribution of the column normal forces by storey. Is it possible to deactivate this effect?