Aluminum dome for oil and gas tank cover
Model to Download
In this model we have a simply supported dome made of aluminum cross sections with design according to American and European standards.
The Aluminum Design Manual (ADM) 2020 was released in February 2020. The ADM 2020 gives guidance for both the allowable strength design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD) for aluminum members to ensure reliability and safety for all aluminum structures.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How is the automatic creation of c/t-parts carried out?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
- Can the reduction of strength in the heat affected zone (HAZ) be taken into account in the RF-/ALUMINUM add-on module?
- SHAPE‑THIN calculates a very small shear area. Why?
My member is oriented at the inclination of principal axis when I import from SHAPE-THIN to a 2D RFEM model. How do I fix this?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- I would like to analyze cable and tensile structures. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- In connection with the calculation according to the large deformation analysis, I get significantly smaller deformations than for the calculation according to the linear static or second-order analysis. How is this possible?