Arch-Supported Membrane Structure Without Construction Support
Model to Download
Download the model of a membrane structure here, and open it with the structural analysis software RFEM 6.
- Views 123x
- Downloads 5x
- Updated 11/24/2022
- Number of Nodes 8
- Number of Lines 10
- Number of Members 4
- Number of Surfaces 3
- Number of Solids 0
- Number of Load Cases 2
- Number of Load Combinations 1
- Number of Result Combinations 0
- Total Weight 3.132 tons
- Dimensions 107.64 x 53.81 x 161.45 feet
RFEM 6 includes the Form-Finding add-on to determine the equilibrium shapes of surface models subjected to tension and members subjected to axial forces. Activate this add-on in the model's Base Data and use it to find the geometric position in which the prestress of lightweight structures is in equilibrium with the existing boundary conditions.
“Gulliver” Wooden Airship Above DOX Center for Contemporary Art in Prague, Czech Republic (© Jan Slavík, DOX)
How do I create a user-defined fabric?
- Why do the results in a modal analysis differ between the initial prestress and the surface load?
- Although I modeled two identical systems, I got a different shape. Why?
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- I want to create a mapped mesh for a circular hole plate. Is it possible to generate such a mesh in RFEM?
- It seems that the members stay not deformed after my RF‑FORM‑FINDING calculation. What did I wrong?
Can I export my cutting pattern?
- How do I model a tent roof with two cone tips?
- How do I model a suspended membrane roof structure with line supports?
- I would like to calculate and design "flying structures". What do I need for this?