Europlaza Movilidad Office Building, Villahermosa, Mexico
Europlaza Movilidad is an 86,111 ft2 building that includes a bank branch, the Federal Government's Mobility Secretariat, and the State Government's Public Works Secretariat. It has parking space in the basement and offers seven above-ground stories of office space. The roof is used for air-conditioning equipment. The building is located in Villahermosa, the capital of the state of Tabasco, Mexico.
Ing. Juan Aldasoro Robles
Cosmos Proyectos Estructurales, S.A. de C.V.
Villahermosa, Tabasco, Mexico
The property currently includes offices and a bank branch. The structure consists of strip foundations, reinforced concrete cubes, I- and square hollow sections, and columns and beams (downstand beams) made of reinforced concrete; the basement is made of concrete and the flooring is based on the Genesis construction system (Losa Génesis). The structure is designed as a rigid frame. The columns are I-sections, some double, while the trusses are made of I-sections and square hollow sections.
The structure has eight floors, including the basement, and a height of 104 ft in a rectangular shape. The foundation consists of continuous strip foundations. There are no other buildings nearby, so there is no risk of collision with neighboring buildings in the event of seismic actions or wind. The building is closed by means of masonry walls on all four facades, and the roof with a concrete slab.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Extension of the RF-/STEEL Warping Erosion module | Lateral -torsional buckling analyzes of members according to the second -order theory with 7 degrees of freedom
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Tower | Hinged connections of lattice tower members according to EC 3
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of natural frequencies and mode shapes
RF-/DYNAM Pro-Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of Natural Frequencies and Mode Shapes
RFEM add-on module RF-CONCRETE NL | Nonlinear reinforced concrete calculation for the serviceability limit state
RF-/PLATE-BUCKLING Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Plate Buckling Analysis for Plates with or Without Stiffeners According to 1993-1-5
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TOWER effective lengths | Determination of effective lengths of lattice towers
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- When comparing RF‑CONCRETE Columns with another design software, I get different results. How to explain the differences?
- Is it possible to perform design without an additional reinforcement in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
I have installed Halfen HDB 13.60 on my PC. The version does not seem to be compatible with RF-PUNCH Pro anymore. The interface does not work. I am using version 5.26.02 of RFEM.
- When solving a foundation slab under a circular tank, I do not see the contact stress in the middle of the surface. What could be the reason for this?
The design criterion for VEd/VRd,c is displayed as governing, although there should be a shear reinforcement designed. Also, the design of VEd/VRds is missing. Why is that?
- Which calculation method is the basis for the stability analysis in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- Is it possible to enter a curtailed reinforcement in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- The design ratio of the cross-section check is different for the RF‑/STEEL and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. What is the reason?
- What is the meaning of the warning message ER061) Minimum amplifier of design loads <1?