Production and Trading Company in Pians, Austria
ATP architekten ingenieure is an Austrian customer of Dlubal, working in Innsbruck. It has designed a special project for Markus Handl Beteiligung GmbH, a speck producer in Pians, Tyrol, Austria. The new building of the trading company has in-house production, supplying upscale restaurants and hotels. It includes one of the world's largest continuous cross-laminated timber panels, with a total area of about 6,996 square feet.
|Owner||Markus Handl Beteiligungs GmbH, Austria|
ATP architekten ingenieure, Innsbruck
HTB Baugesellschaft mbH
Arzl i. Pitztal
Model Parameters of Cross-Laminated Timber Floor
The cross-laminated timber elements designed by ATP form part of the roof structure above the sales and catering area. The structure is designed as a point-supported flat slab with a thickness of almost 10 in. As a result, the downstand and upstand beams commonly used in timber construction are no longer necessary, resulting in a flat ceiling view from below.
The omission of these beams was made possible by two innovations that ATP skillfully combined: a connection and reinforcement system called "Spider Connector" (by Rothoblaas Srl) and a special gluing of joints using a two-component adhesive made of polyurethane cast resin (by Timber Structures 3.0 AG).
The trading company's new building has a gross floor area of 50,784 ft2 and is divided functionally and visually into two building parts. The warehouse and production are on the ground floor; on the upper floor are offices, meeting rooms, a cafeteria, and a sales and catering area, including a fully equipped kitchen. Vertically oriented inside timber cladding combined with glass fronts in the sales area were installed in the upper floor.
Project LocationPians 34a
6551 Municipality of Pians
Do you have further questions or need advice? Contact us via phone, email, chat, or forum, or find suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page, available 24/7.
The support of the cross-laminated timber panel deserves special attention.
- Stability analyses for flexural buckling, torsional buckling, and flexural-torsional buckling under compression
- Import of the effective lengths from the calculation using the Structure Stability add-on
- Graphical input and check of the defined nodal supports and effective lengths for a stability analysis
- Determination of the equivalent member lengths for tapered members
- Consideration of the lateral-torsional bracing position
- Lateral-torsional buckling analysis of the structural components subjected to moment loading
- Depending on the standard, a choice between user-defined input of Mcr, analytical method from the standard, and use of internal eigenvalue solver
- Consideration of a shear panel and a rotational restraint when using the eigenvalue solver
- Graphical display of a mode shape if the eigenvalue solver was used
- Stability analysis of structural components with the combined compression and bending stress, depending on the design standard
- Comprehensible calculation of all necessary coefficients, such as the factors for considering moment distribution or interaction factors
- Alternative consideration of all effects for the stability analysis when determining internal forces in RFEM/RSTAB (second-order analysis, imperfections, stiffness reduction, possibly in combination with the Torsional Warping (7 DOF) add-on)
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- Which Dlubal Software programs can I use to calculate and design timber structures?
- Which add-on modules and programs do I need for laminate and sandwich structures as well as cross-laminated timber (CLT)?
- Is it possible to design timber structures in RFEM or RSTAB?
- How is it possible to display the library of RF‑LAMINATE? We would like to check this is up to date.
- Can I use surface releases to separate two overlapping surfaces?
How do I define a member as a cantilever and not as supported at both ends for serviceability or deflection design?
- I would like to export nodal support forces of several load cases, load combinations and result combinations into an Excel spreadsheet in RFEM 6. How should I proceed?