Add-on Modules - Piping Systems
The RF‑PIPING module is used for modeling piping systems and defining loads conforming to standards.
It is possible to define specific piping components such as valves, fittings, flanges, tees, expansion joints, and others, and consider them together with the supporting structure.
The RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module compares the existing pipe stresses with the allowable stresses according to ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, and EN 13480‑3.
After activating the RF‑PIPING add‑on module, a new toolbar is available in RFEM and the project navigator and tables are extended. Piping modeling is performed in a similar way as members. Pipe bends are defined by using tangents (straight pipe sections) and bend radius at the same time. Thus, it is easy to subsequently change bend parameters.
It is also possible to extend the piping subsequently by defining special components (expansion joints, valves, and others). The implemented libraries of structural components facilitate the definition.
Continuous pipe sections are defined as sets of piping systems. For piping loads, member loads are assigned to the respective load cases. The combination of loads is included in piping load combinations and result combinations. After the calculation, you can display deformations, member internal forces and support forces graphically or in tables.
Pipe stress analysis according to standards can then be performed in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module. You only need to select the relevant sets of piping systems and load situations.
- How do I change the default settings for the units so they are preset in every new file?
- How can I quickly delete unused elements (e.g. cross -sections) from my model with one click?
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- Is it possible to analyze and design piping systems in RFEM?
- How is it possible to consider the real cross-section geometry of member elements in RWIND Simulation?
- I would like to create a ring pipeline consisting of several parts. How do I prevent the transitions from being connected?
- Is it possible to use RFEM for modeling a channel that is distorted from a rectangular cross-section to a pipe cross-section?
- Why is not possible to load the OPE combinations in the RF‑PIPING Design add-on module?
- I use rotated surfaces in my model. Now it takes a long time to open and edit the file. What can I do about it?
- I have calculated a box beam. Which surface results or surface stresses can I use to evaluate the buckling behavior of the web plates?