Select numerous structural models to utilize them for training purposes or for your projects.
Frame & Truss Analysis Software RSTAB 9 | New Features
New Features and Tools for Efficient Work
"I take this opportunity to thank you and your team for a really great software. After so many years of utilizing your software, we still see every day what your product is able to do and we really enjoy the application!
We look forward to more years together!"
Structural Analysis Models to Download
Select numerous structural models to utilize them for training purposes or for your projects.
The Dlubal programs always focus on simple and efficient operation. That's why there are numerous new features implemented in RSTAB 9, which facilitate your daily work with the structural analysis program. On this page, we present a selection of the new features.
Discover the advantages of working with the various add-ons for RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9. All add-ons are integrated in the programs. This allows seamless interaction between the individual program parts and ensure that your analysis and design runs smoothly. Examples for this is the determination of the ideal overturning moment of timber beams using the "Torsional Warping (7 DOF)" add-on or the consideration of staggered form-finding processes by means of the "Construction Stages Analysis (CSA)" add-on, and so on.
With Dlubal Software, you always have an overview, regardless of whether your projects are from the reinforced concrete, steel, timber, aluminum, or other industry. The program clearly displays the design check formulas used in your design (including a reference to the used equation from the standard). These design check formulas can also be included in the printout report.
Make your work with members easier. For members and member sets with the same properties, you can define representatives for model organization, design, and documentation.
The results of these representatives can be easily displayed in the result tables.
Make sure nothing collapses on you: To estimate the resistance of member cross-sections, it is possible to display the unit stresses for the unit loads N = 1 kiP, My = 1 kiP/ft, and so on, when selecting the cross-sections.
The organization of imperfections is efficiently solved by imperfection cases. The cases allow you to describe an imperfection from local imperfections, equivalent loads, initial sway via table (new), a static deformation, a buckling mode, a dynamic mode shape, or a combination of all these types (new).
Discover the new functions of the snow and wind load wizards:
- Loading of hybrid models made of members and surfaces (RFEM only)
- Connection to the Geo-Zone Tool (depending on the global construction site definition)
- Switching off surface sides
Dlubal Software supports its customers with their construction planning worldwide. The modern online licensing system allows licenses of RFEM, RSTAB, and other programs to be distributed all over the world and assigned to the respective users via the Dlubal Account.
Discover the fundamentally revised and optimized printout report. It offers you the following innovations, among other things:
- Quick creation due to non-modal printout report environment (parallel work in program and report possible)
- Interactive modification of chapters as well as creation of new user-defined chapters
- Import of PDFs, formulas, 3D graphics, and so on
- Output of the design check formulas used in the design (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- Modern printout report design
Technology takes you further, also in your daily work with RFEM / RSTAB. The new API technology Webservice allows you to create your own desktop or web-based applications by controlling all objects included in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9. Entire libraries and numerous functions are available to you. Thus, you can easily perform your own design checks, effective modeling of parametric structures, and optimization and automation processes using the programming languages Python and C#. Dlubal Software makes your work easier and more convenient. Convince yourself!
There are also improvements in the data exchange to make your work process easier. In addition to the import of IFC 2x3 (Coordination View & Structural Analysis View), the import and export of IFC 4 (Reference View & Structural Analysis View) is now supported.
Discover the new features in RFEM and RSTAB for the determination of wind loads using RWIND:
- Useful load wizards for generating wind load cases with different flow fields in different wind directions
- Wind load cases with freely assignable analysis settings including a user-defined specification of the wind tunnel size and wind profile
- Comprehensive display of the wind tunnel with input wind profile and turbulence intensity profile
- Visualization and use of the RWIND simulation results
- Global definition of a terrain (horizontal planes, inclined plane, table)
Always keep an eye on the natural conditions of your construction site by defining it on a digital map. The address data (including the altitude) as well as the snow load zone, wind zone, and seismic zone are imported automatically. The load wizard also uses this data.
The map is also displayed with the construction site marked in the "Model Parameters" tab.
Would you like to make your work process more efficient? Then use hotkeys for various commands. This way, you can execute the frequently used commands quickly and easily with a previously assigned key combination.
By the way, this also works for your computer mouse. If it has other buttons in addition to the left, right, and middle buttons, you can assign a hotkey to them.
The Dlubal Center ensures that your planning goes quickly and efficiently. Among other things, your projects and model files are managed here in a central location. Detailed information and graphics make it easier for you to assign all models and thus enable uncomplicated, clear processing of the project. Furthermore, your customer data including the licensed programs and add-ons is organized in the Dlubal Center.
Compile the right add-ons for your individual project. All add-ons are directly integrated in the program and, like all required design standards for the respective materials, are managed centrally.
Define as many global model parameters as you want. You can also use them in the documentation.
You can now work even more efficiently with the Data Navigator. Its clear structure makes it easy to use. The navigator contains assignable types for objects as well as a hyperlink function that allows you to quickly jump to the assigned elements of an object.
Keep an eye on your cross-sections. Useful statistical information, such as total length, total volume, total weight, and so on, is displayed for all cross-sections used in your project.
There are seven new cross-section distribution types available for members (including arrangement function for aligning to a straight edge):
- Tapered at both sides
- Tapered at start of member
- Tapered at end of member
- Offset at both sides
- Offset at start of member
- Offset at end of member
- Basic objects
- Types for nodes
- Types for lines
- Types for surfaces
- Load Wizards
- Guide objects
Take your structural design one step further. RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 support now a new file format for structural design, Structural Analysis Format (SAF). For this, both programs allow for the import as well as the export. SAF is a file format based on MS Excel, intended to facilitate the exchange of structural analysis models between different software applications.
- Library-controlled mass print function for all program graphics
- User-defined print area selection
- 3D function for later 3D functionalities in the final PDF
- Automatic separation of images for scale prints and the function for displaying an overview image
Using Log Files
Your satisfaction with the Dlubal programs is our top priority. The new program generation RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9 allows you to send log files to our company via online registration. We use this to better analyze and improve our programs for your applications. By default, this setting is activated under the program options. However, you can rescind your consent in the programs at any time.
- Fast modeling thanks to sophisticated input technology
- One program for all types of structures, from single-span girders to complex 3D beam structures
- Fast calculation using the multiprocessor technology
- Support of national and international standards
- Quick generation of a professional-looking printout report
- Automatic generation of wind loads using the integrated CFD wind simulation (RWIND required)
- API via Webservice
- Globally recognized program with over 100,000 users
- Professional customer support provided by more than 20 support engineers
This article shows how the “Time-Dependent Analysis” add-on is integrated in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9.
- My model in RFEM 6 / RSTAB 9 is unstable. What could be the reason?
- The cross-sections from my imported IFC file are not converted correctly.
- When importing a cross-section from RSECTION 1, I get an error message regarding the version. What can I do?
- There are no automatic load combinations created. What can I do?
- The result of extreme values is not displayed. Where can I activate the max/min information?
Customers who bought this product also bought
First, the two-part Optimization & Costs / CO2 Emission Estimation add-on finds suitable parameters for parameterized models and blocks via the artificial intelligence (AI) technique of particle swarm optimization (PSO) for compliance with common optimization criteria. Second, this add-on estimates the model costs or CO2 emissions by specifying unit costs or emissions per material definition for the structural model.