Structural Analysis Software & BIM
Data Exchange with Dietrich's
Import to RFEM/RSTAB
The CAD/BIM model type must be used to import the IFC file to RFEM/RSTAB. The Project Navigator offers further information about the individual IFC objects besides the graphical display of the model.
Conversion of IFC Objects
All objects are saved as "SweptSolid" by the optimized Dietrich's export. This allows the best possible conversion to members as well as surfaces.
The specified thickness of wall objects as well as the cross-section and material of member objects is considered during the conversion. You can download the corresponding conversion file below.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
The direct interface with Revit allows you to update the Revit model according to the changes you have made in RFEM or RSTAB. Depending on the modification, the Revit objects may have to be regenerated (deleting the object and subsequent regeneration). The regeneration is performed on the basis of the RFEM/RSTAB model.
If you want to avoid this regeneration, activate the option "Update only materials, thicknesses, and sections." In this case, only the properties of the objects will be adjusted. Changes different from those in material, surface thickness, and section are, however, not considered in this case.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I have imported an IFC file via the CAD/BIM interface. How does the conversion of IFC elements into Members/Surfaces/Solids work?
- Which interfaces are available for export?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RF‑COM?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?
- Is there an interface between LayPLAN by Layher and RSTAB/RFEM?
- Can I define nonlinear support conditions via the COM interface?
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?
- How can I create a comment via the COM interface?
- Are the Revit and Tekla models that you've shown in "Webinar 3: BIM Integration and RFEM" available for free use and can you send them to me?
- Which features are available for the data exchange between Grasshopper and RFEM?