3D Structural & BIM Software
DSTV Product Interface for Steel Construction
- Bentley ProStructure
- Tekla Structures
- Intergraph Frameworks
- Advance Steel
and many other programs supporting the DSTV standard. The important thing is that the exchange file keeps the structural data. Besides the structural data, there is also the CAD data, which is used for the exchange between CAD systems.
The import as well as the export is based on the general scheme PSS_2000_04. Program-specific features are applicable in the CAD programs. When exporting for example to Cadwork a different scheme is used: DATA_SECTION_SCHEMA_3_98.
ExportIt is possible to export structural, load and results data. The export includes the following information:
- Member releases (without nonlinearities)
- Member eccentricities
- Members with all member types except for "Coupling" and "Dummy", the member type "Truss (only N)" becomes "Truss"
- Nodal supports (without nonlinearities)
- Member elastic foundations
- Sets of members
- All types of loads except for "Non-Uniform Temperature", "Precamber" and member loads that are not related to the principal axes of a cross-section, which has an impact especially on non-symmetrical cross-sections like L-sections.
- Imperfections, must be related to "Member Lists"
- Load cases
- Load groups
- Load combinations
- Internal forces
- Support forces
It is possible to import members, cross-sections, materials, supports and loads. The extent of the import options corresponds with the export options.
For further information on the DSTV interface, see the homepage of the German Steel Construction Association (DSTV).
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Product Features Articles
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- After importing a .stp file, there is a free node near each member. Why are these nodes created?
- Is it possible to exchange models bidirectionally between cadwork and RFEM/RSTAB?
- Does the student version of Dlubal Software also provide the interface between Revit and RFEM?
- How can I quickly export a model including all loads into an EXCEL file and import it later?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RF‑COM?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?
- Is there an interface between LayPLAN by Layher and RSTAB/RFEM?
- Can I define nonlinear support conditions via the COM interface?
When trying to import a model from AutoCAD into RFEM, I am getting the error message "3DSOLID or REGION entity detected. Those entities are written in binary format, so import is not possible."
What does this mean?
- How can I create a comment via the COM interface?