3D Structural & BIM Software
The DXF file format is the most commonly used exchange program in computer-aided design (CAD). The following overview shows the exchange options using DXF, which are applicable for RFEM/RSTAB.
Lines can be imported as lines (RFEM) or as members. The names of layers are transferred as cross-section descriptions and the first material is assigned from the predefined materials. However, if the program recognizes a material or cross-section listed in the Dlubal database according to the layer name, these will be transferred as well.
Members are exported from RFEM/RSTAB as lines. The line layers include information concerning the cross-sections and materials used in the program. In addition to the entire model including FE mesh, it is possible to export the numbering managed by the navigator.
Another exchange option is to transfer the RFEM/RSTAB results as isolines in a DXF file. For this, you can directly select various elements such as isolines, FE mesh, values, and more.
- I would like to export a result by using isolines or isobands and import them later again. Is it possible?
- I would like to obtain the reinforcement results (As,-z(top), As,+z(bottom), asw,V,stirrup) for a beam from my RFEM or RSTAB file and import them into AutoCAD. With the "Export" → "DXF" dialog box, I can only read out the geometry. Is there any option for this?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I am trying to import a model from cadwork. Unfortunately, I cannot correctly transfer the cross-sections from cadwork to RFEM. Do you have any tip?
- When importing a model directly from AutoCAD, the shape of the "spline" is sometimes incorrect.
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- I would like to export the reinforcement of a slab in the Nemetschek format. However, no setting is available in the following window after selecting the surface.
- Does RFEM integrate with Autodesk Inventor?
- How can I import an IFC model into the RWIND Simulation environment?
- How can I create member eccentricities in RS‑COM?