Surfaces in general can have many different sizes and shapes – from simple planes, such as walls, slabs or plates, through single-curved cylinders, such as silos, to multiple-curved membrane structures.
For structural analysis, surfaces are generated in the centroidal axis. By defining the thickness and the material, they have their stiffness. Thus, it is possible to determine deformations and internal forces which can be then designed according to the material and standard.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TOWER effective lengths | Determination of effective lengths of lattice towers
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Timber-Timber to Timber | Design of direct timber connections according to Eurocode 5
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
RFEM add-on module RF-LOAD-HISTORY | Consideration of plastic deformations from previous load conditions
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/FE-LTB | Lateral -torsional buckling analysis according to theory II. Order (FEM)
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- When should the punching load be determined with the (un)smoothed distribution of the shear forces at the critical perimeter?
- When using the "Apply support reactions as load" function, I get the message "No surface was selected on which the load should act." What is the background of the message?
- Are the result values in the FE elements averaged or do they refer to nodal values? Where can this be set?
- Is it possible to design bidirectional ribbed plates, unidirectional ribbed plates, or hollow core slabs in RFEM?
- How do I enter the temperature difference for a T -beam defined as a rib?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- Why is the deflection of the reinforced concrete floor sometimes greater when selecting a larger basic reinforcement?
- Is it possible to use an average region in the result from contact stress?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements