Additional properties can be assigned to the solid such as homogeneous, isotropic or orthotropic materials, properties of an ideal gas or contact properties between two surfaces.
Entering in RFEM
Solids can be entered and defined by using the menu "Insert" → "Model Data" → "Solids" or the Data Navigator. Select the surrounding surfaces and define the solid type in the dialog box.
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TOWER effective lengths | Determination of effective lengths of lattice towers
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Timber-Timber to Timber | Design of direct timber connections according to Eurocode 5
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-Column Base | Hinged and restrained column bases according to EC 3
RFEM add-on module RF-LOAD-HISTORY | Consideration of plastic deformations from previous load conditions
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/FE-LTB | Lateral -torsional buckling analysis according to theory II. Order (FEM)
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/JOINTS Steel-DSTV | Standardized connections in steel buildings according to EC 3
RFEM/RSTAB add-on module RF-/TIMBER SANS | Design of members made of timber according to SANS 10163 (South African standard)
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- When should the punching load be determined with the (un)smoothed distribution of the shear forces at the critical perimeter?
- When using the "Apply support reactions as load" function, I get the message "No surface was selected on which the load should act." What is the background of the message?
- Are the result values in the FE elements averaged or do they refer to nodal values? Where can this be set?
- Is it possible to design bidirectional ribbed plates, unidirectional ribbed plates, or hollow core slabs in RFEM?
- How do I enter the temperature difference for a T -beam defined as a rib?
- Is it possible to set user-defined values when viewing solid stress results?
- How are the signs for the release results of a line release and line hinges interpreted?
- Why is the deflection of the reinforced concrete floor sometimes greater when selecting a larger basic reinforcement?
- Is it possible to use an average region in the result from contact stress?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements