It is comprised of many elements that can differ in dimensions (1D, 2D, 3D) and shape (triangle, quadrangle, tetrahedron...).
The size or the number of the elements in the mesh is in proportion to the quality of results. This means that the smaller you choose the elements, the closer you usually get to the ideal results. This indirect proportional relation also exists between the element size and the calculation duration. So in everyday engineering practice, the element size is sought that ensures sufficient accuracy and acceptable calculation time at the same time.
The model is constructed by means of parameters for geometry and loads and regenerates when the parameters are changed.
Buildings made of cross-laminated timber (CLT), glued-laminated timber and OSB panels modeled with the RFEM program
The number of degrees of freedom in a node is no longer a global calculation parameter in RFEM (6 degrees of freedom for each mesh node in 3D models, 7 degrees of freedom for the warping torsion analysis). Thus, each node is generally considered with a different number of degrees of freedom, which leads to a variable number of equations in the calculation.
This modification speeds up the calculation, especially for models where a significant reduction of the system could be achieved (e.g. trusses and membrane structures).
- How are the signs to be interpreted for the release results of the line release and line hinges?
- Why is the deflection of the reinforced concrete floor sometimes greater when selecting a larger basic reinforcement?
- Is it possible to use a smooth region in the result from contact stress?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- In the filter settings for the values on surfaces, you can display a certain range of results and hide the rest. How can I hide a certain range of values and display the rest?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber reinforced concrete with the structural analysis program RFEM?
- How is the position of the additional reinforcement considered in RF‑CONCRETE Surfaces when determining hc,ef?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements