The release is controlled by hinge conditions, which may also have nonlinear properties.
Entering in RFEM
A line release can be defined using the menu "Insert" → "Model Data" → "Line Releases" → "Dialog Box." You can define release properties for the line and specify the released objects. It is possible to select the release in the list box of the existing release types or define a new release type.
Supports contributing to a load reduction only under compression or tension can be defined as nonlinear supports in RFEM and RSTAB. It is not always easy for the user to select the proper nonlinearity for ‘failure under tension’ or ‘failure under compression’.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- When defining my material, I get Warning No. 1136 and cannot continue working. How can I prevent this warning?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- I would like to use surface releases to model a bolt connection, which can only absorb compressive stresses from the support. Unfortunately, I cannot do this because my model is always unstable. Is there a model as a template?
- Why is it not possible to change the solving method for the equation system of my model?
- How can I incrementally apply the load of a load case to the model?
- After importing an .stp file, my model is unstable. What can be the reason for this?
- When entering a new material using the Diagram definition type, the first row is locked. How can I define the material?
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2017 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Can I define nonlinear supports by using tables?
- Where can I find the RF‑CONCRETE NL add-on module? How can I activate it?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements