Loads from certain actions are organized in load cases. Such load cases are, for example, seld-weight, snow, wind, or an imposed load.
When entering loads into the respective load cases, it should be ensured that the loads are entered characteristically. The partial safety factors and combination coefficients can be defined later when creating the load or result combinations.
Calculation parameters, such as the method of analysis (geometrically linear, second-order, or large deformation analysis), the solving method and additional calculation options (load increment factors, stiffness factors, and others), can be set separately for each load case.
In the add-on modules RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA, it is possible to consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you also have the option ‘R’. This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- Is it possible to display the mean value of the line support results?
Is it possible to specify shrinkage effects as loads?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- How can I consider a sway bracing in CRANEWAY?
I have modeled a ceiling slab supported on a shear wall. The shear wall should only absorb axial forces. So I have inserted a line hinge between the surfaces and defined it the way that the hinges are available for all internal forces except for those in the ux direction.
Although there is no hinge defined for ux, the plate deforms without being supported by the shear wall. Where is the error?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The four plates, identically loaded, show different negative moments at the point of support. Is this a mistake?
- How can I quickly model a chimney with reinforcement rings and stiffeners?
- I design an asymmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions