The combination expression is based on the selected standard. This standard can be ASCE 7‑16, for example.
To create various design situations, such as the ultimate limit state, serviceability limit state, fire situation or earthquake, different combination expressions are required. The individual combination expressions are based on various probabilities, which are adapted for the respective purpose of the design.
Entering in RFEM and RSTAB
If there is a standard set for the classification of load cases and combinations in General Data of the model and the option for the automatic creation of combinations is also selected, result combinations or load combinations are created on the basis of the combination expressions. If the option for the automatic creation of combinations is disabled, there are no combination expressions set up in the program and you need to create the combinations manually.
In the add-on modules RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA, it is possible to consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you also have the option ‘R’. This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- When calculating a cable using the STEEL EC3 add‑on module, there is the error message "Incorrect characteristic stresses for material No. 1! Please correct this in Table 1.2."
How can I retrospectively reduce the determined provided longitudinal reinforcement in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
- Is it possible to model a slab made of trapezoidal sheet metals?
- Is it possible to display the mean value of the line support results?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- How can I consider a sway bracing in CRANEWAY?
I have modeled a ceiling slab supported on a shear wall. The shear wall should only absorb axial forces. So I have inserted a line hinge between the surfaces and defined it the way that the hinges are available for all internal forces except for those in the ux direction.
Although there is no hinge defined for ux, the plate deforms without being supported by the shear wall. Where is the error?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions