Internal forces used for the superposition are calculated individually for the included load cases or combinations.
By applying various combination expressions, it is possible to generate an envelope of the distributions of internal forces by means of a result combination.
The result combination is not suitable for nonlinear calculations since the individual internal forces of load cases or load combinations are calculated for different structural systems (based on nonlinear effects, such as a failure of supports, members and releases).
Entering in RFEM and RSTAB
Result combinations can be entered and defined in RFEM and RSTAB graphically by clicking "Insert" → "Load Cases and Combinations" → "Result Combinations" or the corresponding button, or in tables using the Data navigator.
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Utilizing the RF-STEEL AISC add-on module, steel member design is possible according to the AISC 360-16 standard. The following article will compare the results between calculating lateral torsional buckling according to Chapter F and eigenvalue analysis.
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How is the position of the additional reinforcement considered in RF-CONCRETE Surfaces when determining hc, ef?
- When modeling a beam connection to a continuous column, I have the problem that the column flange fails to bend. If I now add shims to the FRAME & # 8209; JOINT Pro add-on module, nothing changes at all design ratios. Why is that?
- Is it possible to display more values for the stress distribution over the layers in RF-LAMINATE?
- How is the buckling load determined in RSBUCK if the most unfavorable value is transferred from RSTAB in the case of a non-constant axial force distribution?
- How does RF-STABILITY or RSBUCK determine the buckling load? According to the manual calculation, the respective buckling loads should be about 10% higher.
- I have version 5.24 and the calculation takes me longer than in previous versions for the same model. What is the reason for this?
- How is the support spring calculated for a wall?
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- How can I design dowel-laminated timber (DLT) or nail-laminated timber (NLT) in RFEM?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions