The selection can be done manually by exact object names or depending on certain object properties. The set of objects can include different types of objects.
In the area of computer science, a set of objects is stored in a database. A selection is then a kind of request with certain criteria. The resulting selection can be graphically highlighted for the user and offered for further editing. Selections with their discrete request criteria are also stored in a database for later use.
- Nodes with the uZ deformation > 10 mm
- Members with the description numbers 13, 17 - 18
- Objects with the Z-ordinate between +5 m and +10 m
Selections in RFEM and RSTAB
Criteria-related selections can be defined in RFEM and RSTAB by using the menu "Edit" → "Select" → "Special."
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
- I just have to calculate an open hall with low roof loads and relatively high wind loads compared to it. In theory, a design of the bottom flange for buckling/toppling would have to be performed. Unfortunately, there is no combination of 1.0 * G +1.5 * W.
- How do I get the largest column load in my RFEM 3D model?
Is it possible to specify shrinkage effects as loads?
- Are the effective length coefficients in the add-on modules for the aluminum and steel design automatically determined from the model or do I have to make adjustments?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
Is it possible to calculate American steel cross-sections?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- The four plates, identically loaded, show different negative moments at the point of support. Is this a mistake?
- How can I quickly model a chimney with reinforcement rings and stiffeners?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions