In addition to the standard-compliant determination of wind loads and snow loads according to ASCE, EN, CTE, and DIN, it is also possible to convert surface loads into member loads. Furthermore, free line loads and coating loads (for example, ice) as well as surface loads on openings can be converted into member loads. In addition, the member, surface and solid loads from motion (brake or acceleration forces et cetera) can be generated automatically.
Entering in RFEM and RSTAB
The load generators are accessible via "Tools" → "Generate Loads."
In the add-on modules RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA, it is possible to consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you also have the option ‘R’. This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- How do I display the utilization ratio of a compression column in RF‑CONCRETE Members?
How can I retrospectively reduce the determined provided longitudinal reinforcement in RF‑CONCRETE Columns?
- Why do I get the error message 10203 for a result beam when performing design with RF‑CONCRETE Members?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- When calculating a cable using the STEEL EC3 add‑on module, there is the error message "Incorrect characteristic stresses for material No. 1! Please correct this in Table 1.2."
- Is it possible to model a slab made of trapezoidal sheet metals?
- Is it possible to display the mean value of the line support results?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions