In addition to the standard-compliant determination of wind loads and snow loads according to ASCE, EN, CTE, and DIN, it is also possible to convert surface loads into member loads. Furthermore, free line loads and coating loads (for example, ice) as well as surface loads on openings can be converted into member loads. In addition, the member, surface and solid loads from motion (brake or acceleration forces et cetera) can be generated automatically.
Entering in RFEM and RSTAB
The load generators are accessible via "Tools" → "Generate Loads."
Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Utilizing the RF-STEEL AISC add-on module, steel member design is possible according to the AISC 360-16 standard. The following article will compare the results between calculating lateral torsional buckling according to Chapter F and eigenvalue analysis.
Standard Roller Support (1:1 RFEM Modeling Ratio According to Workshop Drawings; © Rümmele Bauingenieur GmbH)
Product Features Articles
There are load generators available for beam structures, creating snow loads according to ASCE/SEI 7-10. The load cases are generated depending on the roof structure. Another generator creates coating loads (ice). You can save recurring load combinations as templates.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How is the position of the additional reinforcement considered in RF-CONCRETE Surfaces when determining hc, ef?
- Is it possible to display more values for the stress distribution over the layers in RF-LAMINATE?
- How is the buckling load determined in RSBUCK if the most unfavorable value is transferred from RSTAB in the case of a non-constant axial force distribution?
- How does RF-STABILITY or RSBUCK determine the buckling load? According to the manual calculation, the respective buckling loads should be about 10% higher.
- I have version 5.24 and the calculation takes me longer than in previous versions for the same model. What is the reason for this?
- How is the support spring calculated for a wall?
- How to model a cable net structure in using the RF-FORM-FINDING add-on module?
- How can I design dowel-laminated timber (DLT) or nail-laminated timber (NLT) in RFEM?
- I would expect the results from my load combination (CO) set to a linear analysis to equal the summation of the results from my load cases (LC) also set to a linear analysis. Why do the results not match?
- Is it possible to renumber cross-sections and materials in RFEM and RSTAB?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions