Voronoi diagrams decompose space into cells depending on specific center points. In this case, the cells are geometrically designed in the way that the distance between all points within the cell to its own center point is shorter than to the center of the adjacent cells.
In the field of cartography, this technique is applied on the basis of two-dimensional space for the distribution of information around a reference point.
The Austrian wind load map according to EN 1991‑1‑4 and ÖNORM B 1991‑1‑4 in the Dlubal Software online tool "Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps" uses a planar Voronoi diagram to distribute the tabular loads by reference location to regions.
After entering a location, for example, using a ZIP code or a city, or after clicking the respective location in the map, you get the load value.
To order and use the load maps, it is necessary to have a Dlubal account. If you are not a customer of Dlubal Software yet, you need to create the account.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- Are the models and presentations from Info Day 2020 freely available, and can you send them to me?
- Why is the field "Set Wind on Side" grayed out in the wind load generator after selecting the nodes of the basic geometry and roof geometry?
- Can I also use the wind load generator for open buildings?
- We would like use the online maps on your website to find the snow, wind and seismic loads. Can you please tell us more about activating and using this service?
- The online service "Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps" displays the snow load zones 1*, 1a*, 2*, and 3* for Germany. Where are these snow load zones defined?
- Why the load value displayed in the online service "Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps" is different from the value in the corresponding standard in some cases?
- How are the site-specific Geo-Zone Tool data queries calculated to determine various building loads?
- Is it also possible to integrate the online service "Snow, Wind and Seismic Zoning Maps" into external applications?
- There are no load case numbers (LC1, LC2, LC3, ...) but action categories (D, W, S, Imp) displayed for load combinations. Where can I set this?
- How can I determine loads at particular geographic coordinates in the online service "Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps"?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions