Entering in RFEM
A nodal constraint can be entered by using the menu "Insert" → "Model Data" → "Nodal Constraints" or using Project Navigator - Data → "Model Data" → "Nodal Constraints."
There are two types of constraints available for selection: the "Diaphragm Constraint" type couples all degrees of freedom perpendicular to the plane, while the "Equal Condition Constraint" type allows you to determine the constraints individually.
Models to Download
Glass Railing as Solid Model
Wörgl Zentrum Lenk, Austria
Knowledge Base Articles
The architectural requirements for railings are still very high and usually require a high degree of transparency.
Product Features Articles
The material model Orthotropic Masonry 2D is an elastoplastic model that additionally allows softening of the material, which can be different in the local x- and y-direction of a surface. The material model is suitable for (unreinforced) masonry walls with in-plane loads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- Does the program use different values of modulus of elasticity for different temperatures? How to activate it?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- I am using COM interface and Grasshopper for the calculation of complicated structures. For this task I need to create NURBS lines. Could you explain how NURBS should be set? For example what kind of data should be provided for Knots?
- I would like to move some elements. When moving, my members are deleted, what is the reason?
- How do I activate the modeling of pipelines?
- How is the load distributed to the members in the angular axis method if members are excluded from the load application?
- A rigid member should only be able to absorb tensile forces or only compressive forces. What are the options for considering these nonlinearities in the calculation?
- Which Dlubal programs do I need to calculate membrane and textile structures?
- Does a user-defined layer composition in RF-LAMINATE need to be shared separately with other users along with the RFEM model file or is this information stored directly in the RFEM file?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements