Models to Download
Knowledge Base Articles
Utilizing the RF-STEEL AISC add-on module, steel member design is possible according to the AISC 360-16 standard. The following article will compare the results between calculating lateral torsional buckling according to Chapter F and eigenvalue analysis.
SHAPE-THIN Table "6.2 Classification of the Cross-Section According to EN 1993-1" and Stress Diagram
The model is constructed by means of parameters for geometry and loads and regenerates when the parameters are changed.
Product Features Articles
SHAPE-THIN determines the effective cross-sections according to EN 1993-1-3 and EN 1993-1-5 for cold-formed sections. You can optionally check the geometric conditions for the applicability of the standard specified in EN 1993‑1‑3, Section 5.2.
The effects of local plate buckling are considered according to the method of reduced widths and the possible buckling of stiffeners (instability) is considered for stiffened sections according to EN 1993-1-3, Section 5.5.
As an option, you can perform an iterative calculation to optimize the effective cross-section.
You can display the effective cross-sections graphically.
Read more about designing cold-formed sections with SHAPE-THIN and RF-/STEEL Cold-Formed Sections in this technical article: Design of a Thin-Walled, Cold-Formed C-Section According to EN 1993-1-3.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- When modeling a beam connection to a continuous column, I have the problem that the column flange fails to bend. If I now add shims to the FRAME & # 8209; JOINT Pro add-on module, nothing changes at all design ratios. Why is that?
- Is it possible to display more values for the stress distribution over the layers in RF-LAMINATE?
- I get the error message "Entry in the 'Beam spacing' box is not within the allowable range." What can I do?
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- I cannot find any reason why no plastic design is performed for a class 1 cross-section. Normally, you have to select the check box for the elastic design.
- Which Dlubal Software programs are required to calculate membrane and tensile structures?
- Is it possible to use one of the RFEM/RSTAB add-on modules to design a frame joint with a docked beam, stiffeners, and any number of bolt rows?
- Is it possible to design a restrained column base with stiffeners on both sides of the column in an RFEM/RSTAB add-on module?
- The installation of a Dlubal Software program is not possible due to the following message: "Program unsafe, protection by Microsoft Defender SmartScreen." How can I install the program?
- How can I change the details and the National Annex in the STEEL EC3 add-on module by using the COM interface?