In the add-on modules RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA, it is possible to consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you also have the option ‘R’. This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
- When calculating a cable using the STEEL EC3 add‑on module, he error message "Incorrect characteristic stresses for material No. 1! Please correct this in Table 1.2." appears.
- Is it possible to display the mean value of the line support results?
Which units are specified in the result display of the support reactions (kN or kN/m)? A note about this is missing in the graphic.
In the case that the support reactions are given in kN/m, for which distance does the value apply?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the RF‑STEEL EC3 add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- How can I consider a sway bracing in CRANEWAY?
I have modeled a ceiling slab supported on a shear wall. The shear wall should only absorb axial forces. So I have inserted a line hinge between the surfaces and defined it the way that the hinges are available for all internal forces except for those in the ux direction.
Although there is no hinge defined for ux, the plate deforms without being supported by the shear wall. Where is the error?
- Where do I find the setting to specify the entered structural component as a "wall" or "slab"?
- I design an asymmetric cross-section and get the message: "Non-designable: ER051) Moment about z‑axis on asymmetric cross-section, taper or set of members." Why?
- How can I model a timber-concrete composite floor?
- Is it possible to model a slab made of trapezoidal sheet metals?