- The online training provides solutions to current questions.
- Our speakers have many years of practical experience and are experts in their field.
- Gain valuable program insight for increased company efficiency and decreased overhead costs.
- You have no additional costs for travel, accommodation, etc.
RFEM | Structural dynamics and earthquake design according to EC 8
Online Training Information
Why an online training?
Online group training sessions provide the opportunity to gain expert knowledge and to ensure you’re getting the most out of your Dlubal programs.
Date | Time
ContentOnline basic training on earthquake design according to Eurocode 8 using the FEA program RFEM
In this training you will learn the basics of structural dynamics and the most important verification methods for earthquake design. Using a practical example, the multi-modal response spectrum method and its implementation in RFEM and the associated modules of the RF-DYNAM Pro series is explained. Open questions can be discussed.
Price195.00 EUR net, excluding VAT
|-||Overview of possible design methods|
|-||Multi-Modal response spectrum analysis|
|-||Practical example 1: Response spectrum analysis|
|-||Dynamic actions on structures|
|-||Practical example 2: Machine induced vibrations|
- Participation certificate
- Training presentation (PDF)
- RFEM model examples
- Training video recording
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Stefan Frenzel
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Frenzel is responsible for the development of products for dynamic analysis. He also provides technical support for customers of Dlubal Software.
Stefan Hoffmann, M.Sc.
In the Customer Support Dept., Mr. Hoffmann is handling requests of our users.
Do you have questions about our group training courses?
Just contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support.
If you are interested in a specific topic that is not included in a group training, please ask for an Individual Seminar.
"I have watched the webinar recording "Design of Cross-laminated Timber Panels (CLT) According to Eurocode 5" on YouTube and I am impressed by about the program and the very good presentation.
RFEM model of a reinforced concrete building with different colors according to the thickness of the surfaces
Definition of a load combination for the earthquake design situation (Equation 2) and the resulting axial forces.
Equivalent loads for the first mode shape (a) without stiffness modifications from DLC1 and (b) taking into account the geometric stiffness matrix from DLC2
1st Apartment High-Rise Building Mode Shape Calculated in RFEM's RF-DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations (© bauart Konstruktions GmbH & Co. KG)
RF-/DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of natural frequencies and mode shapes
RF-/DYNAM Pro-Natural Vibrations Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB | Determination of Natural Frequencies and Mode Shapes
- Is it possible to display or export certain results over a period of time from the time history calculation in RF‑DYNAM Pro - Forced Vibrations?
- In RF‑/DYNAM Pro, the "From self-weight of structure" option is available in a mass case. Is it always necessary to activate this option in order to consider the dead load of the structure?
- How can I adjust the number of decimal places of the normalized table values of the mode shape?
- I have used the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module to generate the governing result combinations of seismic loads. What is the next procedure to perform the design of the individual structural components?
- What should be considered when using a failure of columns under tension in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro – Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- After the calculation in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module, the size of my file has increased significantly. The performance has worsened enormously. What could be the reason for this?
- I would like to calculate and design "temporary structures." What do I need for this?
- Which programs can I use to calculate and design power plants?
- I noticed deviations from the map of DIN EN 1998‑1 or DIN 4149 in the online service "<a href="https://www.dlubal.com/en-US/solutions/online-services/snow-load-wind-speed-and-seismic-load-maps" target="_blank">Geo-Zone Tool: Snow, Wind, and Seismic Zone Maps</a>." Can you tell me which map is current and thus governing?
- How do you distinguish between the response spectra with equivalent loads and the response spectra without equivalent loads in RFEM and RSTAB?