Plate and Shell Modeling in RFEM - Part 1
Free Online Seminar
- Part 1 of a two-part RFEM webinar series
- Modeling of an industrial tank with plate elements
- Loading and load combination options
- Tips and tricks for efficient modeling workflow
|01:58||Modeling of plate structure in RFEM|
|39:58||FE mesh and mesh refinements|
|46:31||Plate local axes and orientation|
|52:12||Load case and load combination generation|
|55:18||Free load application on structure|
Amy Heilig, PE
CEO - USA Office
Sales & Technical Support Engineer
Amy Heilig is the CEO of the USA office located in Philadelphia, PA. In addition, she provides sales and technical support and continues to aid in the development of Dlubal Software programs for the North American market.
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
If you wanted to determine the center of a rectangle, it was previously necessary to construct a line from one corner point to the opposite one. By dividing this line, you obtain the centroid. In RFEM 5 and RSTAB 8, you now have the possibility to create a node between two points. Thus, it is sufficient to select the corner points, and then you can determine the distance in absolute or relative values.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- In connection with the calculation according to the large deformation analysis, I get significantly smaller deformations than for the calculation according to the linear static or second-order analysis. How is this possible?
How can I perform a stability/buckling analysis on a load-bearing structure?
- My model should be symmetrical, but the support reactions reflect an unsymmetrical loading or modeling. What can I do?
- I use rotated surfaces in my model. Now it takes a long time to open and edit the file. What can I do about it?
- Can I use surface releases to separate two overlapping surfaces?
- I have calculated a box beam. Which surface results or surface stresses can I use to evaluate the buckling behavior of the web plates?
- How can I additionally model welds for the connection of two surfaces with a contact solid?
- How can I deduce the axial stress and hoop stress of a circular container?
- How is it possible to consider the real cross-section geometry of member elements in RWIND Simulation?
- My aim is to mesh a circular hole plate in a mapped way. Is such a meshing possible in RFEM?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements