The Most Common User Errors With RFEM and RSTAB
Information About the Free Webinar
This webinar demonstrates the most common user errors when working with RFEM and RSTAB and how to avoid them.
Date | Time
ContentThe Most Common User Errors With RFEM and RSTAB
|2:05||Wind load application on duopitch roofs|
|8:15||Correct imperfection application|
|12:35||Sets of members for member design|
|15:00||Contact solid modeling|
|27:55||FE mesh size|
|21:20||Definition of FE mesh refinements|
|32:30||Definition of average regions|
|35:50||Unexpected internal forces|
|40:15||Connection plate-beam (rigid, loose, elastic)|
|48:35||Consideration of creep coefficient in timber structures|
|53:10||Dealing with/correction of instabilities|
Presentation Models to Download
Below, under Models to Download, you will find the models used in the webinar. This will allow you to independently follow the webinar step by step with the provided models after the presentation is complete.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Andreas Hörold
Marketing & Public Relations
Mr. Hörold takes care of the Dlubal Software website, creates press releases as well as marketing materials, and is the moderator of the German and English webinars.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Stefan Frenzel
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Frenzel is responsible for the development of products for dynamic analysis. He also provides technical support for customers of Dlubal Software.
Dipl.-Ing. (BA) Markus Baumgärtel
Mr. Baumgärtel provides technical support for customers of Dlubal Software.
- Product Description | Structural Analysis Program RFEM
- Product Description | Frame Analysis Software RSTAB
Do you have questions related to our webinars? Are you looking for suggestions on which webinar is relevant for your design projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or use our FAQ page.
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
Designed with the FEA Software RFEM 3 | I am constantly impressed by the range of its capabilities/flexibilities that Dlubal offers | Design Manager Hünnebeck
FEA Software RFEM & Structural Analysis Software RSTAB | Video Tutorial | Creating and Importing Blocks
Display extended strains of members, surfaces and solids (e.g. important principal strains, equivalent total strains, etc.) in the Project Navigator - Results in RFEM as well as in Table 4.0.
For example, you can display governing plastic strains when performing the plastic design of connections with surface elements.
- I compare the flexural buckling design according to the equivalent member method and the internal forces according to the linear static analysis with the stress calculation according to the second-order analysis including imperfections. The differences are very large. What is the reason?
- How can I set the deformation coefficient kdef in the program?
- There are two solving methods for a linear time history analysis available in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module. What is the difference between them?
- I design a cross-section created in the SHAPE‑THIN program by using the design add-on module, but the program shows the error message "ER006 Invalid type of c/t-part for cross-section of type General." What can I do?
- After running the program as a full version and working with it for a certain period of time, an error message appears when saving the file, saying that the authorization failed. What is the reason and how can I save my file anyway?
- What method is applied in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- Which type of file is used for RFEM and RSTAB?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- How can I change the exponential display of the results to the display of integral numbers?