FAQ 002278 EN-US
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber reinforced concrete with the structural analysis program RFEM?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- In the global calculation parameters, the "Exceptional handling" option for members is grayed out and cannot be activated. What is the reason?
- Is it possible to open an RSTAB file in RFEM and the other way round?
- How can I deactivate displaying symbols for the FE mesh refinement?
- What does the "Crack formation in the first 28 days" option means?
- How can I determine the controlling internal forces at a node that several members frame into for connection design?
- I have recently purchased RSTAB with the CONCRETE add-on module. Can I use it to perform the stability analysis of reinforced concrete columns?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Is it also possible to subsequently deactivate the symbols for the FE mesh refinement in an existing graphic in a printout report?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements