FAQ 003259 EN-US
Did you find your question?
If not, contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support, or send us your question via the online form.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- During the plausibility check, I get an error message saying that the surface opposite from the contact surface cannot be located. How can I fix this?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- How can I deactivate displaying symbols for the FE mesh refinement?
- What does the "Crack formation in the first 28 days" option means?
- I have recently purchased RSTAB with the CONCRETE add-on module. Can I use it to perform the stability analysis of reinforced concrete columns?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Is it also possible to subsequently deactivate the symbols for the FE mesh refinement in an existing graphic in a printout report?
- How can I determine the controlling internal forces at a node that several members frame into for connection design?
- Why does the note 155) appear as a result of the reinforced concrete design of members for the existing stirrup reinforcement?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions