Tips & Tricks
In RFEM and RSTAB, you can add a comment to model objects in the graphic. When inserting a comment, the origin of the current work plane automatically jumps to the same plane in which the comment is placed. This prevents comments from being accidentally placed very far from the object.
Furthermore, the plane of the offset can be changed before placing the comment text. It is also possible to rotate the text.
In addition to the model objects, grid points can also be snapped and provided with a comment.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Walter Fröhlich
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Fröhlich provides technical support for customers and is responsible for the development of products for reinforced concrete structures.
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
In RFEM 5 and RSTAB 8, you can generate surface loads like wind and snow by means of the implemented load generator. On frameworks, these surface loads are also displayed as surface load in the graphic by default.
- How can I change the colors of the selection and preselection?
- After the calculation in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module, the size of my file has increased significantly. The performance has worsened enormously. What could be the reason for this?
- Is it possible to make the generated member loads from area loads via plane to act eccentrically on the member cross-section?
- Why are my imperfections displayed graphically in different ways and can I adjust the display?
- What happens with the programs and add-on modules in the case of the timeout of a network license? And how can I increase the timeout?
- Why is it not possible to select a load case in the RF-/STEEL add-on module for design, although it is defined in RFEM/RSTAB?
- Does the load generation also work for curved members?
- What effects can renumbering elements have on the printout report and the add -on modules?
- In my model, some surfaces are displayed in gray, while others are displayed in white without a gray filling. The "solid transparent" display type is selected for the graphics. How can all surfaces be displayed in gray?
- How can I get the member end forces to design the connections?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions