Parameterized Input with Access to Cells of Other Tables
Tips & Tricks
Model and load objects can not only be defined graphically or in tables, but can also be created using parameters (see manual ). With this parameterized input, you can also access cells of certain tables of the program. In this way, it is possible to link a load parameter with a model data parameter, for example. The reference is created by the $ sign.
The figures show how the entry $ 1.1 (F3) refers to a coordinate in Table 1.1. The number of cell F3 is shown in brackets. With this reference, the nodal load is automatically adjusted if the Z-coordinate of the node changes. The load is thus dependent on the position of the node.
The values are related to the basic units according to the SI convention, that is [m] and [N].
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Robert Vogl
Technical Editor, Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Vogl creates and maintains the technical documentation. In addition, he is involved in the development of the SHAPE-THIN program and provides customer support.
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RFEM
- Useful Tools for Fast Generation of Structures in RSTAB
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
RFEM/RSTAB Add-on Module RF-IMP/RSIMP | Generation of Geometric Replacement Imperfections and Pre-deformed Replacement Structures
Designed with the FEA Software RFEM 3 | I am constantly impressed by the range of its capabilities/flexibilities that Dlubal offers | Design Manager Hünnebeck
FEA Software RFEM & Structural Analysis Software RSTAB | Video Tutorial | Creating and Importing Blocks
Online Training | German 2 | Mi, 29. April 2020 | 8:30 - 12:30 MESZ | RSTAB - Stabwerke Online-Schulung
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- Is it possible to parameterize models and loads with RFEM and RSTAB?
- How can I use cross-section values (for example high, width...) for parametrization?
- How is it possible to add or remove tables in the printout report?
- The display of result values is too inaccurate. Where can I set to see more result values for member internal forces?
- How do I apply prestress to tension members?
- I have numeric stiffnesses of my members. How can I assign the stiffnesses to a member without having to create a notional material and a cross-section?
- I have bought a new computer. How can I use my softlock license on it?
- How do I install the network license (USB dongle) on the server?
In my Dlubal Software programs, I have a problem that the umlauts and special characters cannot be displayed. How can I change that?
- Can I also use the load generator for the members that do not rest in one plane?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions