SLS Checks Taking into Account Resulting Deformation
In the add-on modules RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA, it is possible to consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you also have the option ‘R’. This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Gerhard Rehm
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Rehm is responsible for the development of products for timber structures, and provides technical support for customers.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The cross-section resistance design analyzes tension and compression along the grain, bending, bending and tension/compression as well as the strength in shear due to shear force.
The design of structural components at risk of buckling or lateral-torsional buckling is performed according to the Equivalent Member Method and considers the systematic axial compression, bending with and without compressive force as well as bending and tension. Deflection of inner spans and cantilevers is compared to the maximal allowable deflection.
Separate design cases allow for a flexible and stability analysis of members, sets of members, and loads.
Design-relevant parameters such as the stability analysis type, member slendernesses, and limit deflections can be freely adjusted.
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Pellentesque arcu. Nulla pulvinar eleifend sem. Fusce consectetuer risus a nunc.
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
- How is it possible to display the main support direction graphically in RF‑LAMINATE?
- Is it possible to create a second design case in RF‑LAMINATE?
- I have a model of a timber building, which I have transferred from Scia Engineer and adapted it into the RFEM program. The models should be the same; however, it can only be calculated in Scia Engineer while RFEM reports singularity. How do I edit the model to analyze it in RFEM?
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052
Design of timber members according to the American standard ANSI/AWC NDS
Design of timber members according to the Canadian standard CSA O86-14