SLS Checks Taking into Account Resulting Deformation
In the RF-/TIMBER Pro, RF-/TIMBER AWC, and RF-/TIMBER CSA add-on modules, you can consider the resulting deformation of a member or set of members. In addition to the local directions y and z, you have the option "R". This allows you to compare the total deflection of a girder to the limit values given in the standards.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Gerhard Rehm
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Rehm is responsible for the development of products for timber structures, and provides technical support for customers.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Compared to the RF-/TIMBER Pro add-on module (RFEM 5/RSTAB 8), the following new features have been added to the Timber Design add-on for RFEM 6/RSTAB 9:
- In addition to Eurocode 5, other international standards are integrated (SIA 265, ANSI/AWC NDS, CSA 086, GB 50005)
- Design of compression perpendicular to grain (support pressure)
- Implementation of eigenvalue solver for determining the critical moment for lateral-torsional buckling (only EC 5)
- Definition of different effective lengths for design at normal temperature and fire resistance design
- Evaluation of stresses via unit stresses (FEA)
- Optimized stability analyses for tapered members
- Unification of the materials for all national annexes (only one "EN" standard is now available in the material library for a better overview)
- Display of cross-section weakenings directly in the rendering
- Output of the used design check formulas (including a reference to the used equation from the standard)
- Where can I find the materials for the corresponding National Annexes in RFEM 6 and RSTAB 9?
- How does the "Orthotropic Plastic" material model work in RFEM?
- What is the meaning of the superposition according to the CQC rule in a dynamic analysis??
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
- Can I design laminated veneer lumber with RFEM/RSTAB?
- I would like to carry out the flexural buckling design for timber components with imperfections and internal forces according to the second-order analysis. Is it sufficient to activate this in Details of the RF‑/TIMBER Pro add-on module or is it necessary to make additional settings?
- How can I calculate a timber-concrete composite floor with cross-laminated timber?
- Is it possible to save the structures of the manufacturer-specific cross-laminated timber plates in the RF‑LAMINATE add-on module?
- How is it possible to display the main support direction graphically in RF‑LAMINATE?
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052
Design of timber members according to the American standard ANSI/AWC NDS
Design of timber members according to the Canadian standard CSA O86-14