User-Defined Toolbars and Menus
Tips & Tricks
A key factor in a fast and efficient workflow is the tools with which you are working. For this reason, RFEM and RSTAB allow free arrangement of all functions and the option to create your own toolbars and menus. Thus, it is possible to meet users' individual needs:
- Open the “Customize” dialog box (Options -> Configuration Manager -> 3. Toolbars and pull‑down menus -> Toolbars).
- Create a new toolbar using the “New User‑Defined Toolbar” button. A blank toolbar appears in the center of the screen.
- Open the “Commands” tab.
- Look up the desired command by categories.
- Select the command and drag it to the new toolbar.
- Repeat this step until the toolbar includes all the commands you want.
- Then drag the new toolbar (cursor in the gray area above the commands) to its final location. The toolbar can be docked to all four sides of the screen.
- Close the “Customize” window.
During the installation after updates, the predefined toolbars are always overwritten by the custom toolbars. The user-defined toolbars and menus are compatible and remain after upgrades as well.
In the “Configuration Manager” dialog box, you can save the entire setting including all other things (colors, options, margins etc.) using the “Export Configuration as File” function.
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions