FE Mesh Settings
When modeling and designing glass panes in RF‑GLASS, you have two different options for the FE mesh settings.
On the one hand, you can customize the settings globally in RFEM using the "FE Mesh Settings" window, as usual. On the other hand, you can specify the FE mesh size in the "Details of Composition" window in the RF‑GLASS module.
These specifications will be considered as FE mesh refinement in the model and therefore handled with high priority. We generally recommend not using any nodal or line mesh refinements, as they cannot be applied to solids and are therefore not taken into account.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Ulrich Lex
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
The architectural requirements for guard rails are still very high and railings usually require a high degree of transparency.
Curved Glued Laminated Timber Stringer Making up the Multi-Material Staircase (Wood, Steel, Glass) Antibes, France (© YLEx)
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- Is it possible to design a spherically curved glass pane in RF‑GLASS?
- Why do I get a discontinuous area in the distribution of internal forces? In the area of the supported line, the shear force VEd shows a jump, which does not seems to be plausible.
- How is it possible to make factorized combinations of a dead load in the context of form‑finding?
- Where can I find detailed information about orthotropy mentioned in the manual?
- How can I optimize the calculation time in CRANEWAY?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- During the plausibility check, I get an error message saying that the surface opposite from the contact surface cannot be located. How can I fix this?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- How can I deactivate displaying symbols for the FE mesh refinement?
- How do I display some results of all load cases in the printout report, but other results of the selected load cases only?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of single-layer, laminated and insulating glass