Displaying Results of Members
In the work window of RFEM and RSTAB, there are four display modes available for results of members. They can be selected in the Display Navigator under ‘Results’ → ‘Members’.
1. ‘Two-Colored’ (default): Internal forces and design ratios are displayed as variable diagrams.
2. ‘With Diagram’: The same as above, but displayed as multicolored diagram in order to quickly find the extreme values.
3. ‘Without Diagram’: Colored results on a wireframe model, result values are displayed in small text boxes for each member.
4. ‘Cross-sections’: Colored results on a rendered cross‑section, result values are displayed in the result panel.
Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Walter Fröhlich
Product Engineering & Customer Support
Mr. Fröhlich provides technical support for customers and is responsible for the development of products for reinforced concrete structures.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
In this article, the adequacy of a 2x4 dimension lumber subject to combined bi-axial bending and axial compression is verified using RF-/TIMBER AWC add-on module. The beam-column properties and loading are based on example E1.8 of AWC Structural Wood Design Examples 2015/2018.
Depending on stiffness, mass, and damping, structures react differently to wind action.
- After running the program as a full version and working with it for a certain period of time, an error message appears when saving the file, saying that the authorization failed. What is the reason and how can I save my file anyway?
- What method is applied in the RF‑/DYNAM Pro - Equivalent Loads add-on module?
- Which type of file is used for RFEM and RSTAB?
- I obtain different results when comparing the deformation analysis in the RF‑CONCRETE add-on modules and another calculation program. What could be the reason for this?
- For the design, I can only select the surrounding reinforcement for a rectangular cross-section. Why?
- How can I change the exponential display of the results to the display of integral numbers?
- What is the best way to consider steel fiber concrete in the structural analysis software RFEM?
- In the global calculation parameters, the "Exceptional handling" option for members is grayed out and cannot be activated. What is the reason?
- Can I use RFEM to calculate a log house three-dimensionally?
- Is it possible to open an RSTAB file in RFEM and the other way round?
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions