- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Why Dlubal Software?
Wind Simulation & Wind Load Generation
With the stand-alone program RWIND Simulation, wind flows around simple or complex structures can be simulated by means of a digital wind tunnel.
The generated wind loads acting on these objects can be imported to RFEM or RSTAB.
When designing a steel cross-section according to Eurocode 3, it is important to assign the cross-section to one of the four cross-section classes. Classes 1 and 2 allow for a plastic design, classes 3 and 4 are only for elastic design. In addition to the resistance of the cross-section, the structural component's sufficient stability has to be analyzed.
The cross‑section properties software SHAPE‑THIN determines effective section properties of thin‑walled cross‑sections according to Eurocode 3 and Eurocode 9. Alternatively, the program allows for plastic design of general cross‑sections according to Simplex Method. In this process, plastic cross‑section reserves are iteratively calculated for elastically determined internal forces.
The following example describes the effective cross‑section properties in the notching area of a rolled I‑section. Afterwards, the results are compared with the plastic analysis.
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Customer Support 24/7