RF-/JOINTS Steel - Rigid | Input
After starting the module, the joint group (rigid joints) is selected first, followed by joint category and joint type (rigid end plate connection or rigid splice plate connection). The nodes to be designed are then selected from the RFEM/RSTAB model. RF-/JOINTS Steel - Rigid automatically recognizes the joint members and determines from its location whether they are columns or beams. The user can intervene here.
If certain members are to be excluded from the calculation, they can be deactivated. Structurally similar connections can be designed for several nodes at the same time. The governing load cases, load combinations or result combinations have to be selected for the loading. Alternatively, you can enter the cross‑section and load data manually. The joint is configured step by step in the last input table.
- How do I create a frame joint with taper in JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- Is it possible to use one of the RFEM/RSTAB add-on modules to design a frame joint with a docked beam, stiffeners, and any number of bolt rows?
- It is not possible to calculate the connection that I have created. Error No. 30863 appears. What should I do?
- I would like to connect a column rigidly to a girder flange. However, in the RF‑/JOINTS Steel - Rigid add-on module, beams are always connected to a column flange. How can I create a continuous beam?
- Does RF-/JOINTS Steel – Rigid allow to design a joint for the simultaneous action of an axial force and a moment for a beam-to-column connection?
- I have designed a steel connection using RF‑JOINTS and then created a model to compare it in RFEM. Why are the results not identical?
- Why do I obtain different results for the same end plate joint in RF‑/JOINTS Steel - DSTV and RF‑/JOINTS Steel - Rigid?
- How do I apply wind load on members of open structures?
- Is it also possible to use RF‑/TOWER Loading without the other TOWER add-on modules?
- I do not want to design a cross-section in the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add-on module. Can I quickly remove this cross-section from the selection?