- More than 45,000 users in 95 countries
- One software package for all application areas
- Free support provided by experienced engineers
- Short learning time and intuitive handling
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Flexible modular concept, extensible according to your needs
- Scalable license system with single and network licenses
- Proven software used in many well-known projects
Useful Program Features
Dlubal Software programs and add-on modules include a wide range of powerful features.
Since our software is subject to continuous development, we are constantly adding new features. In doing so, we also take account of our customers' wishes.
Why Dlubal Software?
Warping Torsion Analysis in RF-/STEEL AISCBy using the integrated module extension RF-/STEEL AISC Warping Torsion, the design according to the Steel Design Guide 9 can be performed in RF-/STEEL AISC.The calculation is effected with 7 degrees of freedom according to the warping torsion theory and allows the realistic stability design including the consideration of torsion.
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion | Features
- Applicable for members defined as sets of members
- Separate solver which considers 7 deformation directions (ux, uy, uz, φx, φy, φz, ω) or 8 internal forces (N, Vu, Vv, Mt,pri, Mt,sec, Mu, Mv, Mω)
- Nonlinear design according to second-order analysis
- Input of imperfections
- Calculation of critical load factors and buckling mode shapes as well as the visualization of them (incl. warping)
- Integration into member design in the RF-/STEEL AISC and RF‑/STEEL EC3 add‑on module
- Available for all thin‑walled steel cross‑sections
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion | Input
Since RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion is fully integrated in RF-/STEEL AISC and RF‑/STEEL EC3, the data is entered in the same way as for the usual design in these modules. It is only necessary to select the option "Perform warping analysis" in the Details dialog box, tab Warping Torsion (see figure on the right). You can also define the maximum number of iterations in this dialog box.
The warping torsion analysis is performed for sets of members in RF-/STEEL AISC and RF‑/STEEL EC3, for which you can define boundary conditions such as nodal supports or member end releases. It is also possible to specify imperfections for the nonlinear calculation.
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion | Results
The results of warping torsion analysis are displayed in RF-/STEEL AISC and RF‑/STEEL EC3 in the usual way. Among other results, the corresponding result windows include the critical warping and torsional values, internal forces, and design summary.
The graphical display of mode shapes (incl. warping) allows for a realistic assessment of buckling behavior.
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us via e-mail, chat or forum. Find also various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
Powerful and Capable Software
“I think the software is so powerful and capable that people will really value its power when they get properly introduced to it.”