Online manuals, introductory examples, tutorials, and other documentation.
1.1 New Features in RFEM 5
The structural FEA software RFEM for analysis and design of plates, walls, shells, solids, and frame structures is a powerful program for various tasks of modern civil engineering. This program forms the basis of a modular software system: RFEM determines internal forces, deformations, and support reactions of general plate structures with or without member and solid elements.
The program version RFEM 5 provides a wide range of useful features and options for efficient and user-friendly work on your structural analysis projects. At this point, we would like to thank our customers for their valuable ideas and remarks based on real engineering experience.
RFEM 5 includes the following new features amongst others:
- Graphical user interface in Chinese, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
- Direct setting of different opening types
- Member eccentricities from cross-section dimensions
- Diagrams and extended criteria for nonlinear nodal supports and hinges
- Orthotropic properties for quadrangle and membrane surfaces, as well as solids
- Input option for hybrid timber cross-sections
- Filter in cross-section and material libraries including favorites
- Modeling of solids by extruding surfaces with relation to plane or point (with tapered sides as well)
- Intersections of solids using Boolean operators
- Inserting a member on an existing member
- Import of files from Bentley ISM, Ansys Apdl, and Scia Engineer
- Import of 3D objects
- Graphical assignment of member properties
- Color symbols in tables for cross-sections, surfaces, solids, and surface and member types
- Selection with ellipse, circular ring, or intersection line
- Work planes defined by three points or line, member, and surface axes
- Color management for various types of surfaces, stiffnesses, members, and solids
- Entering inclination and precamber in absolute values
- Surface size and weight entries in input table
- Automatic generation of load and result combinations in compliance with the standard requirements
- Gradual FE mesh refinement in edge areas of surfaces
- Large deformation analysis according to Newton-Raphson, Picard, or as dynamic relaxation
- Results of load distribution, distortions, member coefficients, and member slenderness
- Average regions for evaluation of singularities
- User-defined settings for lighting
- Result evaluation via clipping plane
- Views navigator for user-defined and generated visibilities and viewing angles
- Configuration manager for display properties, toolbars, headers of printout reports, etc.
- Mass print of graphics
- Export of printout report in PDF
We hope you will enjoy working with RFEM 5.
Your Dlubal Software team