Online manuals, introductory examples, tutorials, and other documentation.
2.2.1 Installation from USB Drive
Installation from USB Drive
- Insert the flash drive into the USB port of your computer.
- The installation process starts automatically. If the installation does not start immediately, the AutoRun functionality is probably inactive. In this case, start the setup.exe file on the stick by using the Windows Explorer.
- Select the language in the start dialog box.
- In the next dialog box, select the program RFEM.
- Follow the instructions of the Installation Wizard.
After the installation is finished, connect the dongle to the USB port of your computer. The dongle driver is installed automatically.
The USB drive also includes the installation instructions in the PDF format.
When you start the program for the first time after a successful installation, you have to specify if you want to use RFEM as a full version or as a 90-day trial version.
To run the program as a full version, you need a dongle (hardlock) and an authorization file Author.ini. The dongle is a small device that is plugged into the USB port of your computer; the authorization file contains coded information about your license(s). We usually send you the Author.ini file in an e-mail. You can also download the authorization file from your Dlubal account at any time. Save the Author.ini file on your computer, USB stick, or network.
The authorization file is required for each workstation. You can copy the file as often as you want. However, if the content is modified, the file can no longer be used for authorization.
The full version of RFEM can also run as a software license without a dongle.