Modeling, Analysis, and Design of Pipeline Systems
New Products for Piping Analysis
The RF-PIPING module is an extension of the RFEM user interface that allows modeling and loading pipelines conforming to standards. It is possible to define specific piping components (valves, tees, and others) affecting the calculation.
The integration in RFEM facilitates the interaction between a supporting structure and the piping. RF‑PIPING Design is the corresponding add‑on module performing piping designs and comparing the existing pipe stresses with the allowable stresses.
- Graphical input of pipelines and piping components as well as illustrative visualization in RFEM
- Comprehensive libraries for piping cross‑sections and materials as well as for flanges, reducers, tees, and so on
- Consideration of piping structure (insulation, lining, tin-plate)
- Automatic calculation of stress intensification factors and flexibility factors
- Specific piping action categories for load cases
- Optional automatic combinatorics of load cases
- Selection of linear elastic or thermal elastic material behavior (temperature dependent material properties)
- Consideration of elongation and straightening due to pressure (Bourdon effect)
- Design according to ASME B31.1 and ASME B31.3
- Stress analysis for permanent and occasional load situations as well as thermal expansion
- Result documentation with tables and graphics in the RFEM printout report
Working with RF‑PIPING
After activating the RF‑PIPING add‑on module, a new toolbar is available in RFEM and the project navigator and tables are extended. Piping modeling is performed in a similar way as members. Pipe bends are defined by using tangents (straight pipe sections) and bend radius at the same time. Thus, it is easy to subsequently change bend parameters. Continuous pipe sections are defined as sets of pipelines.
For piping loads, member loads are assigned to the respective load cases. The combination of loads is included in piping load combinations and result combinations. After the calculation, you can display deformations, member internal forces and support forces graphically or in tables.
Pipe stress analysis according to standards can be performed then in the RF‑PIPING Design add‑on module. You only need to select the relevant sets of pipelines and load situations.
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.