Dlubal Software Released New Products
New SHAPE-THIN Version and Three Add-on Modules
The latest versions of Dlubal Software include three new add-on modules and the stand-alone cross-section properties software SHAPE‑THIN 8.
In addition to many new features, SHAPE‑THIN now includes a graphical user interface adjusted to RFEM/RSTAB.
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion performs torsional‑flexural and lateral‑torsional buckling analysis of members according to the second‑order theory with 7 degrees of freedom. RF-/STEEL Plasticity allows for plastic design of cross-sections according to the Partial Internal Forces Method (PIFM) and Simplex Method. Both programs are extensions of the RF-/STEEL EC3 add-on module.
The RF-PUNCH Pro add‑on module performs the design of punching shear resistance for singularly or linearly supported surfaces.
The stand-alone program SHAPE-THIN determines section properties of any thin‑walled cross‑section and performs the stress analysis.
Some of the new features are:
- New graphical user interface adjusted to RFEM/RSTAB with Project Navigators "Display", "Views", and "Results"
- New material and cross-section libraries
- Determination of weld stresses in fillet welds
- New element types such as Arc via Three Nodes, Circle via Three Nodes, Ellipse, Parabola, and many others
- Generation and calculation of load combinations
- New guide objects: guidelines, background layers, user-defined coordinate systems
- Printout report similar to RFEM/RSTAB including mass print
- Trial version available
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion
RF-/STEEL Warping Torsion is an extension of the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add‑on module. It performs torsional‑flexural and lateral‑torsional buckling analysis of members according to the second‑order theory with 7 degrees of freedom and application of imperfections with regard to mode shapes.
Some of the program features are:
- Separate solver which considers 7 deformation directions (ux, uy, uz, φx, φy, φz, ω) or 8 internal forces (N, Vu, Vv, Mt,pri, Mt,sec, Mu, Mv, Mω)
- Nonlinear design according to second‑order analysis
- Input of imperfections
- Calculation of critical load factors and buckling mode shapes as well as the visualization of them (including warping)
- Available for all thin‑walled steel cross‑sections
RF-/STEEL Plasticity is also an extension of the RF‑/STEEL EC3 add‑on module. It allows for plastic design of cross‑sections (according to Partial Internal Forces Method or Simplex Method).
Some of the program features are:
- Design of cross-sections for tension, compression, bending, torsion, shear, and combined internal forces
- Plastic design of members according to the second‑order analysis with 7 degrees of freedom, including warping torsion (requires module extension RF‑/STEEL Warping Torsion)
In comparison with the previous module version RF‑PUNCH, the new RF‑PUNCH Pro add‑on module performs the design of punching shear resistance not only for singularly supported surfaces (columns) but also for linearly supported surfaces (wall ends, wall corners).
The other features are, among others:
- Optional arrangement of an enlarged column head
- Automatic recognition of punching node area from the RFEM model
- Automatic consideration of all slab openings defined on the RFEM model
Do you have questions or need advice?
Contact our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.