Design of Aluminium Structures According to EC 9 and ADM 2015
Engineering Software for Aluminium Design
The advantages of aluminium are evident: In spite of its high strength, it is relatively light and more resistant to corrosion than steel. It is used wherever these advantages prevail over the higher material price.
For example, it is often used in automotive and facade engineering, scaffolding and lightweight structures as well as in the construction of winter gardens and concert stages.
RFEM and RSTAB allow for structural analysis and design of aluminium structures according to Eurocode 9 and the American standard ADM 2015. For this, the add‑on modules RF‑/ALUMINUM and RF‑/ALUMINUM ADM are available.
Features of Aluminium Design
For the aluminium design, RF‑/ALUMINUM and RF‑/ALUMINUM ADM provide the following features, among others:
- Ultimate and serviceability limit state designs of aluminium members according to the standards EN 1999‑1‑1:2007 and ADM 2015
- Design for tension, compression, bending, shear, torsion, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis for flexural buckling, torsional buckling, and lateral torsional buckling
- Optional cross-section optimization
- Possibility to apply discrete lateral supports of beams
- Cross-section classification according to Eurocode
- Variety of cross‑sections provided, for example I-, C-, and T‑sections as well as rectangular and circular hollow sections, angles, round bars
Do you have any questions or need advice?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.