CADS Footfall Analysis
Analysis, Modelling & Design Software
"RFEM is a very intuitive program that allows us to quickly design steel, concrete, and timber structures, whether they are simple or complex.
The technical support team is very quick to respond and professional."
CADS Footfall Analysis is a post-processing software that can be used in conjunction with RFEM and RF-DYNAM Pro - Natural Vibrations providing footfall response analysis calculations. Footfall response is of interest to users concerned about the vibration induced in their structures due to walking related activities. As advances in structural design result in more efficient and lighter irregular structures, sensitivity to vibration of the structures is becoming increasingly significant.Calculation methods:
- Concrete Centre Method – CCIP-016 – A Design Guide for Footfall Induced Vibration of Structures
- The Steel Construction Institute Method – SCI P354 – Design of Floors for Vibration: A New Approach
There is a known complexity of calculating footfall response on irregular floors or staircases of any type.
- Footfall Analysis links with RFEM, using its model geometry, so that the user is not required to create a second model specifically for footfall analysis
- Allows the user to analyze any type of structure for footfall analysis, irrespective of the shape, material or use
- Quick and accurate predictions of resonant and impulsive (transient) responses
- Cumulative measurement of vibration levels – VDV analysis
- Intuitive output enabling the engineer to improve critical areas in a cost-effective way
- Pass/fail limit check in accordance with BS 6472 and ISO 10137
- Available excitation forces: CCIP-016, SCI P354, AISC DG11 for floors and stairs
- Frequency weighting curves (BS 6841)
- Quick investigation for full model or specific areas
- Vibration Dose Analysis (VDV)
- Adjusting the minimum and maximum walking frequency as well as the walker’s weight
- User-defined input damping values
- Varying the number of footfalls for resonant response, user input or software calculated
- Environmental response limit based on BS 6472 and ISO 10137
- Overall maximum response factors and critical nodes
- Resonant analysis (maximum response factor, RMS acceleration, critical node, critical frequency)
- Impulsive (transient) analysis (maximum response factor, peak acceleration/velocity, RMS acceleration/velocity, critical node, critical frequency)
- Vibration dose values for both resonant and impulsive analyses
- Response factor vs walking frequency
- Mass participation vs eigenmodes
- Velocity time history
Do you have any questions about our products or need advice on selecting the products needed for your projects?
Contact us via our free e-mail, chat, or forum support or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
With RF-/DYNAM Pro Equivalent Loads, it is possible to perform an equivalent load calculation using the multimodal response spectrum method. In the example shown here, this was done for a multi‑mass oscillator.
- I would like to design an aluminum or lightweight structure. Is it possible to use RFEM or RSTAB for this?
- Why do I only obtain the seismic loads calculated in one direction in the case of design with RF‑/DYNAM Pro?
- During the check in RF‑/DYNAM Pro, I get the message "No natural vibration case or dynamic load case has been selected for the calculation." Why?
- Is it possible to display natural frequencies separately for each direction?
- What is the approach for seismic design in RFEM/RSTAB?
- What do the symbols mean in the graphical representation of the mode shapes of the RF-/DYNAM Pro add-on module?
- How is it possible to consider tension members in RF‑/DYNAM Pro?
- Which modules are responsive via the COM interface RS‑COM or RF‑COM?
- In RF-/DYNAM Pro, I get the error message: "The assigned mass case does not exist," although I have defined a mass case. What is the reason?
- I have used the RF‑/DYNAM Pro add-on module to generate the governing result combinations of seismic loads. What is the next procedure to perform the design of the individual structural components?
Customers who bought this product also bought
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Deflection analysis and stress design of laminate and sandwich surfaces
Programmable interface (API) based on the COM technology
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Timber design according to Eurocode 5, SIA 265 and/or DIN 1052
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Stress analysis of steel surfaces and members
Design of connections with hollow cross-sections according to Eurocode 3
Consideration of construction stages during a building phase
Module Extension for RF-STEEL EC3 and RF-STEEL AISC
Warping torsion analysis according to the second-order theory with 7 degrees of freedom