Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/ALUMINUM Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Aluminium Members Acc. to Eurocode 9
The RF-/ALUMINUM add‑on module designs aluminium members and sets of members for the ultimate and the serviceability limit state according to the standard:
- EN 1999‑1‑1:2007 (Eurocode 9)
- Design for tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis for flexural buckling, torsional buckling, and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical moment for lateral torsional buckling by means of integrated FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) from boundary conditions of loads and supports
- Option to apply discrete lateral supports of beams
- Automatic or manual cross-section classification
- Integration of parameters from National Annexes (NA) of the following countries:
- BS EN 1999-1-1/NA:2009 (United Kingdom)
- DIN EN 1999-1-1/NA:2010-12 (Germany)
- NBN EN 1999-1-1/ANB:2011-03 (Belgium)
- CYS EN 1999-1-1/NA:2009-07 (Cyprus)
- CSN EN 1999-1-1/NA:2009-02 (Czech Republic)
- DK EN 1999-1-1/NA:2007-11 (Denmark)
- UNI EN 1999-1-1/NA:2011-02 (Italy)
- IS EN 1999-1-1/NA:2010-03 (Ireland)
- LST EN 1999-1-1/NA:2011-09 (Lithuania)
- NEN EN 1999-1-1/NB:2011-12 (Netherlands)
- STN EN 1999-1-1/NA:2010-01 (Slovakia)
- SS EN 1999-1-1/NA:2011-04 (Sweden)
- Serviceability limit state design for characteristic, frequent or quasi-permanent design situation
- Consideration of transverse welds
- Variety of cross-sections provided, for example I-sections, C-sections, rectangular hollow sections, square sections, angles with equal and unequal legs, flat steel, round bars
- Clearly arranged result tables
- Automatic cross-section optimization
- Detailed result documentation with references to the design equations used and described in the standard
- Filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load case, load and result combination
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list including weight and volume specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
- Metric and imperial units
Working with RF-/ALUMINUM
The data specified in RFEM/RSTAB concerning material, loads, and load combinations must comply with the design concept of the Eurocode. Relevant materials are already covered in the material library of RFEM/RSTAB. Furthermore, RFEM/RSTAB allows for an automatic creation of load and result combinations in accordance with the Eurocode. It is also possible to generate all combinations manually.
In the RF-/ALUMINUM add-on module, it is necessary to select members and sets of members as well as the load cases, load and result combinations for the design. In the next steps, you can adjust the presettings for lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths.
In the case of using continuous members, you can define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of the single members. A special FEA tool determines the critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios with the corresponding design for each designed load case and combination.
The other windows show all detailed results sorted by specific topics. It is possible to display all intermediate results of each location along the members. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module performs the individual designs.
The complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and results extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)