RF-/ALUMINUM ADM Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Aluminium Members According to American Standards ADM
The RF-/ALUMINUM ADM add-on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state designs of members and sets of members according to the American standards ADM 2010 and ADM 2015. It includes the analysis methods:
- Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD)
- Allowable Stress Design (ASD)
- Design of members and sets of members for tension, compression, bending, shear, torsion, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis for flexural buckling, torsional buckling, and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of effective radius of gyration by special integrated FEA software (eigenvalue analysis) for general loading and support conditions
- Alternative analytical calculation of effective radius of gyration for standard situations
- Option to apply discrete lateral supports of beams
- Definition of nodal supports for sets of members
- Serviceability limit state design (deflection)
- Cross-section optimization
- Variety of cross‑sections provided, for example I-, C-, and T‑sections as well as angles, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round bars, and many other
- Detailed result documentation with references to the design equations used and described in the standard
- Filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross‑section, x‑location, or by load case, load and result combination
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Metric and imperial units
Working with RF-/ALUMINUM ADM
First, it is necessary to decide whether to perform design according to ASD or LRFD. Then, you can enter the load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed. Load combinations according to ASCE 7 can be generated either manually or automatically in RFEM/RSTAB.
Further specifications include presetting of lateral intermediate supports, effective lengths, and other standard-specific design parameters. When using continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities of each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines effective radii of gyration required for the stability analysis in the case of these situations.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios with the corresponding design of each designed load case (load combination / result combination).
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
The complete data from the module is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-ALUMINUM ADM 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
ALUMINUM ADM 8.xx
Customers who bought this product also bought
Dynamic and seismic analysis including time history analysis and multi-modal response spectrum analysis
Dynamic analysis of natural frequencies and mode shapes of member, surface, and solid models
The structural engineering software for design of frame, beam and truss structures, performing linear and nonlinear calculations of internal forces, deformations, and support reactions
Structural engineering software for finite element analysis (FEA) of planar and spatial structural systems consisting of plates, walls, shells, members (beams), solids and contact elements
Design of single-layer, laminated and insulating glass
Generation of load cases from moving loads for members and sets of members
Generation of equivalent geometric imperfections and pre-deformed initial structures for nonlinear calculations
Stability analysis according to the eigenvalue method
Deformation and deflection analysis of members and sets of members
Comparison of results with defined limit values
Design of steel members according to the Chinese standard GB 50017-2003
Seismic and static load analysis using the multi-modal response spectrum analysis