Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/STEEL AS Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to Australian Standard AS 4100-1998
The RF-/STEEL AS add‑on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design of members and sets of members according to the standard:
- AS 4100‑1998 + Annex 1 - 1999 (Australian standard)
- Design of members and sets of members for tension, compression, bending, shear, combined internal forces, and torsion
- Stability analysis of buckling and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Alternative analysis of critical buckling moment for standard situations
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams and sets of members
- Automatic cross-section classification (compact, noncompact, and slender)
- Serviceability limit state design (deflection)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, T-sections, angles, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round steels, symmetrical and unsymmetrical, parameterized I-sections and T-sections as well as user-defined SHAPE-THIN sections and many others
- Clearly arranged result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
- Metric and imperial units
Working with RF-/STEEL AS
First, you need to select load cases, load combinations, and result combinations for design.
In the next input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports, buckling lengths, and other standard-specific design parameters. In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
In connection with RFEM/RSTAB, it is possible to apply the Direct Analysis Method considering the influence of the general calculation according to the second-order analysis. This method allows you to avoid using special enlargement factors.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL AS 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL AS 8.xx