Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/STEEL BS Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to BS 5950-1:2000 (British standard) or BS EN 1993-1-1 (EC 3: British Annex)
The RF-/STEEL BS add‑on module designs members and sets of members for the ultimate and the serviceability limit state according to the standards
- BS 5950‑1:2000 (British standard),
- BS EN 1993‑1‑1 (Eurocode 3: British National Annex).
- Design of tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis of flexural buckling and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams
- Automatic cross-section classification
- Deformation analysis (serviceability)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, rectangular hollow sections, angles, double angles (arrangement with flange on flange), T-sections, and welded cross-sections: I-shaped (symmetrical and asymmetrical about major axis), channel sections (symmetrical about major axis), rectangular hollow sections (symmetrical and asymmetrical about major axis), angles, round pipes, round bars
- Clearly arranged result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result window of member slenderness and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
- Metric and imperial units
Working with RF-/STEEL BS
It is necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by BS 5950 (or Eurocode). The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains relevant materials for BS 5950.
RFEM/RSTAB automatically creates the corresponding load combinations according to BS 5950 (or Eurocode). However, you can also create all combinations manually in RFEM/RSTAB. The RF-/STEEL BS add-on module requires members and sets of members as well as load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed.
In the next input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths. In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL BS 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL BS 8.xx