Interesting customer projects designed with the structural analysis programs by Dlubal Software.
RF-/STEEL CSA Add-on Module for RFEM/RSTAB
Design of Steel Members According to CSA S16-09 (Canadian standard)
The RF-/STEEL CSA add‑on module performs the ultimate and the serviceability limit state design of members and sets of members according to the standard:
- CSA S16‑09 (Canadian standard)
- Design of tension, compression, bending, shear, and combined internal forces
- Stability analysis of flexural, torsional, and lateral torsional buckling
- Automatic determination of critical buckling loads and critical buckling moments for general load applications and support conditions by means of a special FEA program (eigenvalue analysis) integrated in the module
- Alternative analysis of critical buckling moments for standard situations
- Optional application of discrete lateral supports to beams
- Automatic cross-section classification
- Serviceability limit state design (deflection)
- Cross-section optimization
- Wide range of cross-sections available, for example rolled I-sections, C-sections, T-sections, rectangular and circular hollow sections, round steel, symmetrical and asymmetrical, parameterized I-, T-, and angle sections, double angles
- Clearly arranged result windows
- Detailed result documentation including references to design equations of the standard used
- Various filter and sorting options of results including result lists by member, cross-section, x-location, or by load cases, load and result combinations
- Result window of member slendernesses and governing internal forces
- Parts list with weight and solid specifications
- Seamless integration in RFEM/RSTAB
- Metric and imperial units
Working with RF-/STEEL CSA
It is necessary to enter material, load and combination data in RFEM/RSTAB in compliance with the design concept specified by CSA S16-09. The RFEM/RSTAB material library already contains materials relevant for the Canadian standard.
RFEM/RSTAB automatically creates the corresponding load combinations according to the Canadian standard. However, you can also create all combinations manually in RFEM/RSTAB. The RF-/STEEL CSA add-on module requires members and sets of members as well as load cases, load combinations, and result combinations to be designed.
In the subsequent input windows, you can adjust preset definitions of lateral intermediate supports and effective lengths. In the case of continuous members, it is possible to define individual support conditions and eccentricities for each intermediate node of single members. A special FEA tool determines critical loads and moments required for the stability analysis.
The first result window shows the maximum design ratios including the corresponding design of each designed load case, load combination, or result combination.
The other result windows list all detailed results sorted by specific subject in extendable tree menus. All intermediate results along a member can be displayed at any location. In this way, you can easily retrace how the module has performed the individual designs.
Complete module data is part of the RFEM/RSTAB printout report. You can select the report contents and extent specifically for the individual designs.
Do you have any questions about our products? Do you need advice for your current project?
Contact us or find various suggested solutions and useful tips on our FAQ page.
PRICE for RFEM (VAT excluded)
RF-STEEL CSA 5.xx
PRICE for RSTAB (VAT excluded)
STEEL CSA 8.xx